Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sun walk




















with a pen she has used since she found the right words and sitting beneath her own falling leaves, comfortable besides the air, she wrote,
David
I don't see colors anymore. It's plain to me that my eyes are defused with silver. Everything is soft. But lord, I am forced to wear my hideous lenses in class, since the professors are all irritated with my constant squinting. I can't help but squint; it keeps me concentrating on the knowledge I can't see worth digesting. My last pair of lenses I forgot hidden in a book, and the librarian squashed them with an armful of encyclopedias. She scolded me; I told her encyclopedias have always had it out for me.
I see in silver, but I dream in blue, and sometimes in orange. So you see, much of the color has gone out of my life. Even before such a drastic change in my vision, I always saw you in shades of silver.
s
he stopped. The wind almost blew the page from beneath her fingers, but she pulled it away and in doing so, crinkled the edges with her grasp. she sighed; he always hated wrinkled papers.
The wind thrust away a cascade of crinkled paper leaves. White and silver, they clung to her hair.




No comments: