Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Bubble

I need to keep going. I need to keep my spirits up. I need to stop feeling so stupid when I make a mistake. Mistakes help us grow. Imagine how stunted we'd be if we were so careful to avoid mistakes. Gotta keep telling myself that. Positive. I need to stay positive.
If there really is a wheel of fortune, I'm near the bottom now but I know it keeps spinning. I may be at the top again soon. I may have to hit the bottom first, but sooner or later I will achieve a height again. Reality isn't so bad. I still have my bubble, even if it isn't as spacious as it used to be.
Hey, it sounds pathetic, but we all have our little comfort bubbles, right? You can gloat and say you don't have one, or yours is little because you've grown and matured away from your initial comfort zone. But we all have our little necessary securities. Isn't that all we strive for, anyway? Life is about that security: financially, socially, spiritually... through a good job, a steady paycheck, a spouse and family, an identifiable faith (or at least a "faith community.")
Despite what people say about college being the period before a young adult enters the "real world", college is an unsteady place because you're constantly faced with the "where" and the "what" questions. "Where are you going to be after college?" and "What will you do with your life?" One may choose to ignore these scary questions, but they're still there... in the back of your mind. To leap into the lions den of "real life" in order to obtain that security is terrifying for some.
Me? I still have a good four to six years of education. We never stop learning, right? One step at a time. My bubble is still pretty big.

No comments: