Monday, September 25, 2006

Words


Albir Elderberry of Farwood

The matters of state seem trifling when you read them out of a book. In practice, they are much more daunting... much more terrifying.

The story is quite long, and I myself do not understand it fully. But here I relate it.

It seems a knave of the name Konnick, dwelling in the small southern province Slightly, has brought serious condemnations against my uncle. His imaginative accusations and over-zealous personality has begun to stir up discontent amongst even Gerald's most devoted subjects. That this is a potentially dangerous situation is made quite clear by uncle's constant adherence and concern with his subjects' peace and comfort. I have indeed, always thought uncle's devoted compliance to his people on the point of the ridiculous.
And so here, he is at a loss. As am I. And yet, to my astonishment (and the astonishment of Father as well) he seeks my advice.

Oh, lord.
My advice isn't worth horse crap.

No comments: