Monday, May 05, 2008

Five-year-olds

Okay, seriously.
One of the assistant profs who happens to teach my Arts Management class keeps starting off with the line, "when I was your age..." and the dude can't be any more than 28. Honestly. It's almost like he's ASKING his students to make fun of his age. I keep thinking he's going to continue with the "... I had to walk to school up hill both ways in a blinding snow storm" or something like that.
Maybe I've gotten horribly uppity in the last three years, but it's starting to feel a bit belittling. I know this professor has a heck of a lot more experience in the art world that I do, but the phrase within its context gives me the impression that he thinks he's addressing five-year-olds. We are adults, after all.
Yep, that does sound really uppity. I guess I've grown quite a large ego. But I mean, seriously guys! You want college students to act like adults? Then treat us like adults, please! I'm really getting tired of the lazy, irresponsible, partying and drink-until-you-pass-out stereotype! I actually do study and work for good grades! So there! (as I cross my arms and pout like a kindergartener.)

No comments: