Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Words


Albir Elderberry of Farwood

Good lord, that's bad timing. Still, I can't help but be relieved at someone from the outside who isn't seeking my mental destruction.

He's been here barely a week, and already he's solicited for and obtained my cousin Evelyn's favor. I keep telling myself to intervene on her behalf; she doesn't know what she's getting into by egging him on. Alphonse is one of my most loyal friends, but he's dangerously close to becoming a terrible cad. Rejected women have often referred to him in other terms that I certainly won't mention. But intervening between Alphonse and his next victim is like trying to swim against the current and my experiences as his friend have shown my intervention rather meaningless. I suppose he's quite a charming fellow. My uncle and aunt certainly like him. Father and Mother always have.
Evelyn has always impressed me with a strong will and character. I'm sure she can handle herself.

No comments: