Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pasteurize


pasteurize: where your life goes in a near-death experience.
I colored with crayons until around eleven last night with my friends. When was the last time I did that? Heaven knows. I never realized that Crayola crayons and a good solid coloring book were the tools to unlock the restoration of my soul. Har har. Honestly though, it is incredibly relaxing. Therapists should keep a box of (at least) 48 crayons and a coloring book in their offices, just for this purpose. Think how fewer psychopaths there would be in the world if we gave them all a box of crayons and a coloring book. And the names of the colors they come up with! My favorite was razmatazz. It is THE most awesome color. My friends were all like, "pass the robin's-egg-blue," or "I need the forest green." When I just grabbed at whatever I could get... like my six-year-old brother. Now I know why parents buy all that coloring crap: if it can keep 18-year-olds busy for hours, it can keep a five-year-old busy for at least a half-hour. I'll have to remember that in the future.
Isn't it funny what happens to people as they grow older? My 14-year-old sister, for example, is now into that embarrassed-and-completely-self-conscious stage 24/7. I remember that stage. My older brother (approaching his 20th birthday) scoffs at me because I love to act goofy. I mean, like a little kid again. I'm regressing, I guess. But if you go through life acting all stiff and serious and... boring, that's what your life is gonna be. My goal in life (aside from all those other goals) is to not be afraid of acting like a little kid sometimes. In a way, I think, it reminds you to cherish what's important, and not the little things you've blown out of proportion. The simple things. That's why, no matter what I ever say, my siblings are so important to my life. It's like laughter; how dull would I be without it? How superficial would I be without my brothers and sisters? They rock.

No comments: