Friday, August 04, 2006

Sweet David



"You've got a very interesting face. Would you mind if I painted it?"
"What color do you want to paint my face?"

"I'm Sophie, by the way. What's your name?"
"David."
"Oh, that's too perfect. Well, Michaelangelo had his David. So you've got to let me have mine."

"That doesn't mean you can't move your mouth. Talking won't ruin the painting. I'm not that bad."
"I don't really have anything to say."
"Oh, then you don't have to say anything at all. There are an awful lot of people in this world who have nothing to say but seem to spend all the time talking. You're right to conserve your words. It means you'll be a man of great power."
"I don't want to be a man of great power."
"Then you don't have to be. Just be happy that you're the kind of person who could be if he wanted to."

No comments: