Friday, August 18, 2006

Words


Elsapatience


I've seen General Lauphinstok and his daughter Ariella, who arrived at the Great House yesterday afternoon. The General is surprisingly very short. He must be an inch shorter than myself and I am not tall. Ariella is very thin and very pale, with enormous brown eyes. One would think just by looking at her that she would have a quiet, timid character. And one would think wrong. She is quite loud, in fact. She speaks to my fellow servants and I as though we were deaf. Though she is rather friendly, which speaks well in my book. I wonder what Prince Albir will think of her when they meet, for Great House gossip whispers that she is here on the hopes that they will make a good match. I cannot even guess.
In any case, Duke Elderberry spent a good half hour apologizing to the General and his daughter on his sickly son's behalf.
Cook tells me the Prince's mental health is improving; his prospects are quite good.
We shan't see another episode like that of the night I shall never forget. At least, so I hope.

No comments: